- Text Size +

Chapter 6

 

 

 

Buffy bit her lip before she said in a soft voice, “He’s my real father.”

 

 

 

“What?” Willow screeched.  When she looked around, she realized she was the only one in the room besides the man in question that was completely flabbergasted by the statement made by Buffy.

 

 

 

“Run that by me one more time,” Lawson spluttered.  “You know what I am, don’t you?”

 

 

 

Buffy nodded.  She grabbed her purse where she had the picture of Sam and Joyce along with the birth certificate.  She handed both items to Lawson, and she stepped back to Spike’s side.  “Yeah, it’s kinda hard to miss the whole vampire thing when around your sixteenth birthday you get all kind of neat-o new powers that let you stake vamps.”

 

 

 

Lawson looked up from the photo and paper that he was studying quite closely.  “I think you need to repeat a few things for me.”  He looked at Spike.  “I’m fairly certain that vampires cannot father children, and you stake vampires?”

 

 

 

“We didn’t think vamps did either, but for some reason it’s happened at least twice.  Of course, the way Spike and I had Dawn was even weirder.”  Buffy stepped closer to Spike.

 

 

 

Willow listened to the conversation, and her anger multiplied.  What right did anyone in this room have to play such a stupid, mean joke on her?  She was Willow Rosenberg.  She was a powerful witch that wasn’t meant to be trifled with.  They were all insignificant compared to her and her powers.

 

 

 

“Things are complicated, mate,” Spike replied.  He gestured towards the table and chairs.  “Why don’t we sit down and talk things out?”

 

 

 

“I don’t think I like that option,” Willow said in an angry voice.  “You guys had no right to pretend you were movie characters.”

 

 

 

“You had no right to do some kind of spell on us,” Buffy replied.  Her own voice turned angry. 

 

 

 

Tara nodded her agreement.  “We said you were doing too much magic, and what did you do, you tried to use it on us.  You’re not the girl I fell in love with.”

 

 

 

“You need to stop,” Buffy said.  “Before someone really gets hurt.”

 

 

 

Willow glared at Buffy first, and then the other Scoobies.  “You said I was your big gun, Buffy.”

 

 

 

“You are when you’re not trying to make us do what you want to do,” Buffy replied.

 

 

 

“You came back wrong,” Willow hissed.  “There is definitely something wrong with you, Slayer.”  Then, she looked around at the other Scoobies.  “There’s something wrong with all of you!” she screamed before she stormed out of the Magic Box.

 

 

 

Buffy sighed.  “That didn’t go well.”  She turned to Lawson.  “Sorry you showed up when we were having a Sunnydale moment.  Just pretend you didn’t see anything, and you’ll blend in just fine.”

 

 

 

“I think Lawson here is a little gobsmacked, pet.”  Spike gestured towards the other vampire.  “Why don’t we all sit down and have ourselves a little chat.”

 

 

 

Buffy nodded before she grabbed Spike’s hand.  She was completely nervous about talking to this handsome vampire who was her real father.  What if he didn’t want a Slayer for a daughter?  The Scoobies, sans Willow, gathered around the table, and Spike started the introductions.

 

 

 

“Let’s start with the easiest one,” Spike said while he pulled Buffy’s chair out for her.  He might not show it, but his mother did teach him manners.  “Everyone, this is Sam Lawson.  Angel turned him in the 1940’s while we were all stuck on a U-boat.”  He sat down next to Buffy, and he took her hand in his own.  “I don’t know German, but I’m fairly certain that the beginnin’ of the Initiative stemmed from there.”

 

 

 

“The Initiative?” Sam asked in a confused voice.

 

 

 

“Something we can get into later.”  Spike glanced at the door.  “The stormy redhead was Willow Rosenberg.”  Then, he pointed to each Scooby in turn.  “Here we have Xander Harris, his fiancée Anya Jenkins, and Tara Maclay.”

 

 

 

Sam nodded his greeting to each of the young people.

 

 

 

“This is Rupert Giles,” Spike introduced Giles.  “He’s Buffy’s Watcher.”

 

 

 

“What’s a Watcher?” Sam asked.

 

 

 

“Honestly, it’s exactly that,” Buffy said.  “A Watcher watches the Slayer and does the research to find the Big Bads.”

 

 

 

Sam turned to Buffy.  “And you’re this Slayer person?”

 

 

 

“Yup.”  Buffy nodded.  “Has this great little spiel for it too.  Giles.”

 

 

 

Giles let out a sigh, and he rolled his eyes.  “In every generation there is a Chosen One.  She alone will stand against the vampires, the demons, and the forces of darkness.  She is the Slayer.”

 

 

 

“Except when she’s not alone,” Dawn chuckled.  “Between the Scoobies, Kendra, and Faith, Buffy’s never been that alone.  Oh and Spike of course.”  She grinned at the vampire.  “I’m so glad you’re my daddy.”

 

 

 

Anya saw the confused look on Sam’s face, and she took pity on the hapless vampire.  She’d been hanging out with the Scoobies for years.  They still confused her every day.  “Buffy died for a few minutes when she was sixteen.  My Xander here helped her get better.  That called another Slayer who died.  Then there was another Slayer.  Her name is Faith.   She’s in jail now.  Tara here did a spell that showed that you are Buffy’s father, and that Dawn is Buffy and Spike’s daughter.  So, congratulations, you’re a daddy, a father-in-law, and a grandpa.”

 

 

 

Xander gasped.  “Buffy is not with Spike!  There is no dating involved.”

 

 

 

Tara patted Xander’s back.  “He’s in denial,” she said to Sam.  Then, she looked at the door where Willow had disappeared.  “I might be too.  Someone throw me a life vest.”

 

 

 

“We’ll figure it out, Tara,” Buffy assured the other woman.   “We’ll figure it all out.”

 

 

 

“Hold on.  Grandpa?” Sam gasped. 

 

 

 

“Well, that one is even harder to explain.”  Dawn blushed.  “You see these monks made me, and they used magic for everyone to think I’m Buffy’s little sister.  Turns out I’m really her daughter.  Spike’s my father.  So, you’re my grandpa and my…”  she tilted her head.  “Okay, Drusilla is Spike’s sire, and Angel is Drusilla’s sire and your sire.  Uh…”

 

 

 

Spike laughed.  “Don’t think about it too hard, Nibblet.  Let’s just say we’re a mixed up bunch of vamps.  I’m my own great grand sire’s brother.”

 

 

 

“Huh?”  Buffy gave a confused grunt.

 

 

 

“When Dru was here before, she said she revamped Darla.”  Spike gave a confused shrug.  “Could have sworn you lot staked the bitch b’fore I came to Sunnyhell that first time.”

 

 

 

“That’s because we did.”

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

 

 

 

Willow marched down the sidewalk, muttering under her breath.  She watched her feet eat up the sidewalk while she moved towards Buffy’s house.  “I was doing what was best for everyone.  Why can’t they see that?”

 

 

 

Wham!

 

 

 

Willow slammed into another person.  “Sorry,” she complained.  “Watch where you’re going.”

 

 

 

“Maybe the Slayer’s little friend needs to watch where she’s going,” a female voice mocked.  “You reek.”

 

 

 

“I so do not.”  Willow’s head shot up, but she didn’t immediately recognize the blond woman sneering at her.  “I took a shower this morning.”

 

 

 

“You reek of magic,” the woman said.  “You don’t even smell human anymore.”

 

 

 

“Who are you?” Willow demanded.

 

 

 

“Poor little Slayer friend doesn’t recognize me.”  Darla snarled as she let her game face come forward.  She winced and her hand fell to her stomach when the ‘thing’ inside her gave her a hard jab.  “Where the hell is the Slayer?”

 

 

 

“You’re a vampire,” Willow gasped.  “You’re a pregnant vampire.  Is that even possible?”

 

 

 

“Obviously.”  Darla grabbed Willow’s arm.  “Now where is Spike, and where is the Slayer?”

 

 

 

Willow tried to jerk her arm away.  “You know Spike?”

 

 

 

“Never liked the little shit.  Can’t follow orders worth a damn, but he’s good to have around for a fight.”  Darla winced again.  “Now, where is the damned Slayer?”

 

 

 

Willow figured that Buffy could take care of the fat, pregnant vampire.  She pulled her arm away while the female was distracted.  “She’s at the Magic Box on Main Street.”  Willow started to run as fast as she could away from the vampire.

 

 

 

“Thanks,” Darla called out in a confused voice.  “Now why the hell did I say that?” she grumbled.

 

 

 

Two blocks away, Willow screeched to a halt.  “That was Darla!”